Working for MSA
MSA has a proud history in representing some of the largest financial institutions in the country.
Most importantly we have fun doing it…… How?
By working in an awesome environment with people who are more like family and friends than colleagues.
By caring for ourselves, each other and the people we come across every day. We strongly adhere to our mission, which is ‘We are people helping people’. To join us at MSA, you need to be the right fit for our family.
You have to sincerely care about others, have a great attitude and a willingness to learn. This will do wonders for your personal and professional growth which is nurtured at MSA.
Accountant (General) - NSW
About the role
As an Accountant (General), you will be responsible for ensuring trust accounts are reconciled daily and managed in accordance with the requirements of the Law Society of NSW, and also providing hands on support and supervision to our current accounts team.
Your daily tasks will include:
- Managing workflow of the team
- Promptly assess the needs of the team
- Immediate escalation to CFO and CEO of any errors, omissions or issues
- Ensure all deadlines are met
- Trust account reconciliation
- Weekly reporting
- Weekly fee transfers
- Shortfall transfers
- Flagging and receipting of funds
- Payments to lenders
- Agent transfers
The successful candidate will possess the following essential knowledge and experience:
- Degree qualified in Accounting or Finance, with a minimum Bachelor level (Masters preferred)
- Previous accounting experience with supervision/ team management responsibilities
- Extensive knowledge and experience working with Trust Accounts
- Previous experience and in-depth knowledge within the Mortgage Industry, preferably working within the legal sector
- Previous working experience with PEXA
- Previous experience working with Robotics and Process Automation
- Demonstrated experience providing advice and implementing process improvement strategies to improve productivity
- Demonstrated experience incorporating control measures to reduce risk
- Sound understanding of people management principles
- Ability to actively communicate, inspire and motivate all levels of staff
- Proven stakeholder management skills and engagement of senior business leaders
You will also be able to demonstrate through previous roles held the ability to process high levels of data, quickly and accurately.
You will have the ability to manage conflicting priorities, dealing with strict deadlines and bank cut offs.
You will be able to remain calm under pressure, display patience and humility in your dealings with people and have an enthusiastic, positive and flexible nature.